News

Check out market updates

CDA onboard in multi-million scam

ISLAMABAD: Ministry of Housing has purchased 3,156 kanals of land in zone IV, which is also a scam. The land has been purchased through Green Company owned by Dr Hafeez Abbasi, brother of Zafeer Abbasi, former additional secretary, Ministry of Interior. Land was purchases for Rs 2.84 billion and according to agreement 35 percent amount had to be paid in advance and remaining 65 percent after development work, but FGEHF paid 65 percent amount prior to development. The land has been divided in to five blocks (A-E), but it has an irregular shape due to which private land has come in different areas of the project. The CDA is equally involved in this scam, as its former chairman Kamran Lashari was already planning to give approval to start private housing schemes in Zone IV. After purchasing land by FGEHF now it has become possible to give permission to other housing societies and for the first time that matter was seriously discussed in the cabinet division.

Source: Daily Times

Discuss, analyse & share your views (kindly avoid sharing your email & contact number for your safety)