ISLAMABAD: Five federal ministries, including of Education, Social Welfare and Special Education, Tourism, Culture and Livestock and Dairy Development, have been transferred to the provinces under the 18th amendment.
The Commission for Implementation of 18th amendment, which met on Thursday at the Parliament House with Senator Mian Raza Rabbani in the chair, also approved the plan for the devolution of three federal ministries, including Sports, Women Development and Environment, to the provinces in the third phase. Work on the transfer of these three ministries to the provinces will be started from April 7. Official sources told this correspondent that Lok Virsa and Pakistan National Council of the Arts, which were under the Ministry of Culture, have now been made part of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Taxila Museum, National Museum, Karachi and Flagstaff House Karachi will be the part of newly formed Islamabad Capital Terrirtory (ICT) Division, while the museums of Lahore and Peshawar have been delegated to the provinces.
Over 1,200 archaeological sites, which include Mohenjodaro, Harapa, civilisation of Gandhara and Mughal era and historical buildings have been delegated to the provinces. The Central Film Censor Board has been abolished and the censor boards of Karachi and Lahore have been delegated to the provinces. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will use the infrastructure at Islamabad till the formation of its own censor board.
Aiwan-e-Iqbal, Lahore, Iqbal Academy and Quaid-i-Azam Academy have been given to Inter-Provincial Coordination, and they will be under the supervision of the Cabinet Division. The Quid-i-Azam Papers Cell will also be under the Cabinet Division.
Newly constructed Pak-China Cultural Centre, Islamabad, National Monument at Shakarprian and its adjoining museum have been given under the supervision of the Capital Development Authority (CDA). Two major hospitals of Islamabad—PIMS and Policlinic—and all federal schools and colleges will the part of ICT Division.
Handout adds: Consequent upon the deliberations / decision of the Implementation commission, constituted under clause (9) of Article 270AA of the Constitution and with the approval of the Cabinet, a new Division, namely “Capital Administration and Development Division” has been created, under the Cabinet Secretariat, with immediate effect.
2. The aforesaid new Division shall execute, within the jurisdiction of the Federal Capital Area, all such functions handled by the abolished / would be abolished Ministries/Divisions, and also such other functions as allocated to it hence forth with and from time to time. The functions/Departments/organizations allocated to the new Division, shall include:
1. Academy of Education Planning and Management, Islamabad.
2. Animal Quarantine Department / Stations / Facilities, in Islamabad.
3. Central Board of Film Censors, Islamabad.
4. Charitable endowments for Federal Area.
5. Department of Archaeology and Museums, Islamabad.
6. Department of Libraries.
7. Department of Tourist Services in Islamabad.
8. Directorate General of Special Education, Social Welfare, Child Welfare and Development, Islamabad.
9. Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE), Islamabad.
10. Federal College of Education, Islamabad.
11. Federal Directorate of Education (FDE) and Education in the Capital (of Federation).
12. FG Polytechnic Institute of Women, Islamabad.
13. Mainstreaming population Factor in development planning.
14. Management and Distribution of Zakat and Usher in Islamabad.
15. National Education Assessment Centre, Islamabad.
16. National Institute of Science and Technical Education (NISTE), Islamabad.
17. National Veterinary Laboratory, Islamabad.
18. Private Education Institutions Regulatory Authority.
19. Training and education and rehabilitation of disabled in Islamabad.
20. Youth Centres and Hostels in Islamabad.
3. Amendments in the Rules of Business, 1973, wherever necessary, will be issued in due course.