UNDER the directives of the Punjab chief minister and on a complaint lodged by the LDA authorities, Mustafa Town police have registered an FIR U/S 420,290,270,269,291 PPC and arrested Hafiz Abdul Waheed, one of the two owners of a housing scheme, for not laying sewerage and providing other facilities and running away with the deposited money of the citizens.
A complaint was lodged by the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) to the SHO for registration of an FIR against owners of the housing scheme. The complainant pointed out that the scheme spread over an area of over 734 Kanals at Mauza Niaz Baig, Multan Road, near Mansoora Lahore, was approved by the Lahore Development Authority on September 30, 1985. However, the owners of the scheme Hafiz Abdul Hameed and Hafiz Abdul Waheed, residents of Allao-ud-Din Road, Lahore Cantt and Model Town respectively, have committed following irregularities as pointed out to the LDA Metropolitan Planning-I director by the Welfare Society constituted by the plots owners in the scheme:
1. The owners did not make any proper arrangement for the disposal of drain/rain, water due to which the storm water remained compounded in parks during the rainy season
2. The owners failed to level the land of the parks as a result of which the drain /rain water remained compounded in the parks.
3. The owners failed to properly provide the water supply and sewerage system to cater the needs of the residents.
4. The owners have sold the site reserved for graveyard by creating plots where illegally houses have been constructed.
5. A site office has been constructed at the site reserved for public building on main road of the scheme.
In the light of the abovementioned complaint, an FIR number 87/11 has been registered against the owners of the housing scheme for committing the above violations/irregularities.