Ravi Riverfront City was proposed by DC Lahore in 1947. The proposed RRUDP will extend over an area of about 414 km2 and will be implemented over 30 years period in three phases. The above analysis supported the feasibility of having twelve sectors in RRUDP, namely: Medical City, Residential, Mix-use, Urban Farms, Downtown, Commercial City, Innovation City, Government / Financial City, Tourism, Central City, Knowledge City, Echo-City and Sports City.
In north: Starting 5 Km downstream from Syphon to Pakhiyala Villege towards Kala Shah Kaku Interchange and further towards M-2 Interchange
In West: M-2 Interchange towards Lahore Sheikhupura Faisalabad Road (Near Javaid Nagar) which further extends towards Jaranwala Road (Near Langiyan da Thattha), then after, it travels along Jaranwala Road till Sharqpur City where Upper Chennab Canal falls in Ravi River.
In South: Upper Chennab Canal falls in Ravi River and connecting with Hudiara Drain at Sukh Chayn Garden Housing Scheme at Multan Road.
In East: Area running along left side of Multan Road from Sukh Chayn Garden Housing Scheme to Thokar Niaz Baig M-2 Motorway Interchange which runs along till Babu Sabu Toll Plaza. From babu Sabu Toll Plaza Run area runs along left side of Bund Road till Saggia wala bridge at Lahore Ring Road (LRR-20) which further travels along it towards Quaid-e-Azam Interchange LRR and upto BRB.
- It will start from Ravi Saifan and finished at Baloki.
- Purpose Built Cities desidned on the eco friendly guidelines
- Promotion of Education, Cultural, Technology, Sports & Economic activities generating employement oppertunities
- Construction of 3 barrages enabling 46 KM long lake to store 271 billion litters of water
- Flood Management & Stabilization of subsurface water level
- River water purification for potable purposes
- Sewage water treatment plan
- Plantation of 6 Million Trees maintaining ecological footprint
The two major challenges faced in the proposed RRUDP are: (a) The dying Ravi River to be developed as Perennial freshwater body; (b) Attracting Investors for High-Quality Riverfront Urban Development. Therefore the Project involves six major work scopes, which are discussed in the following sections, to overcome the challenges and to successfully design and implement the RRUDP.
- River Training and Channelization
- Wastewater Treatment and Other Public Infrastructure
- Legal and Constitutional Framework
- Urban Economics
- Financial Analysis
- Urban Planning and Urban Design
Ravi Riverfront Location Map
At eProperty you’re always welcome; whether you have an inquiry, feedback or want to talk to us about your investment needs for buying, selling or renting in Lahore Projects, there are a number of ways you can reach us.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for latest videos abuout Pakistan Property including DHA Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta, Multan, Gujranwala & Bahawalpur. Also Naval Anchorage Gwadar, New Tonw, Sangar, BECHS, FTBA, Creek City, Golden Palm, GDA 5, Muscat Center and many other projects in Pakistan.
Property Buying & Selling was never easy before, simply connect with our WhatsApp Hotline for absolutely free property consultancy. Please save this number +923111042111 in your contact list to get regular updates from us, otherwise you will not receive any update.